Beira Alta Region
The Vale das Lobas Nature Resort is situated between the villages of Sobral Pichorro and Fuinhas, in the municipal district of Fornos de Algodres, and close to the castle towns of Celerico da Beira and Trancoso. Beira Alta includes the cities of Guarda and Viseu, and the highest mountains in Portugal, known as The Star Mountains, or “Serra da Estrela,” with its ski resort at Torres, only 40 minutes away. Porto airport is 2.5 hours, and Lisbon is 3.5 hours by car. The surfing beaches of Aveiro are 1.5 hour distance.Beira Alta is renowned for its traditional villages, where livelihoods are based upon subsistence farming and artisanal production, and for its unspoiled nature, pure air and fresh water.
- Undisturbed nature and wilderness trails
- Granite bouldering, mountain biking, endless hiking.
- Ancient caminhos linking the medieval castle towns of Trancoso, Linhares da Beira and many others
- The Serra da Estrela mountain peaks are only 30km away
- Mountain gastronomy – goat and sheep cheese, many surprises and delights!
- Fornos de Algodres, Celorico da Beira, Trancoso, Mangualde, Guarda, Gouveia, and Viseu – all nearby.
- Rail and bus links to Coimbra, Porto and Lisbon.