The Vale das Lobas Biodiversity Park is the cornerstone of our strategy for ecological and economic regeneration. We have developed the following Regeneration Protocol in partnership with The Camara Municipal of Fornos de Algodres, The Hunting and Fishing Association of Fornos de Algodres, and others:
- Ecological low-impact dwellings – in harmony with nature.
- Organic farming – regenerating soil quality.
- No chemical fertilisers, pesticides or GM crops
- Water harvesting and sensible water management
- Reforestation using native species.
- Monitoring and evaluation of progress
- Biodiversity Enhancement – supporting eco-systems
- Hunting not permitted – bring a camera.
- Integration of traditional wisdom with new innovation
- Creating livelihoods on the land
Land owners will be invited to join this initiative, and extend the Biodiversity Park area. In many cases, plots of land have been abandonned, and unused for half a century. This project will provide a means to bring these lands back into active use, for the benefit of all.