Associação Vale das Lobas"Reconnecting Humanity with Nature"
Vale das Lobas means “Valley of the She-Wolves.” The wolf represents instinct, the spirit of wild nature, and a well-ordered community, where everyone has their role, and all are cared for. Vale das Lobas embodies the spirit of transformation, and the inspiration to establish the world that we want to see for our children and grandchildren.
A new paradigm is emerging, one that recognises and holds precious the rights of the natural world. It will be informed by the living memory of ancestral wisdom and coupled with insights from spiritual and scientific research. The new perspective will be more integrative, with our needs embedded within a planetary framework; rather than consumers, we are all participants in a Living Earth.
Vale das Lobas Association is a seedbed for research and actions into living in balance with nature – including the support of bio-diversity, nature conservation, reforestation, water harvesting, traditional artisan crafts, natural medicine, low impact dwelling, renewable energy, regenerative food production, and integrative living. As a living model, we will advance solutions in the spirit of experimentation and discovery.
Reconnecting Humanity with Nature, with Biodiversity, Health and Education.
Ecological and economic regeneration including agro-ecology, artisan crafts, natural building and natural medicine; integrating ancestral traditions with innovation; supporting biodiversity, reforestation and the sustainable use of resources; providing inspiration, education and healing.
Aims and Objectives
- Gather individuals and organisations to serve this mission;
- Rural Regeneration, integrating with the local community.
- Biodiversity Zones – for rural regeneration.
- Restoring balance and health – people and planet;
- Food sovereignty using agro-ecology principles;
- Clean rivers, reforestation, water harvesting, soil regeneration;
- Research and innovation;
- Publish media;
- Provide education
- Provide a forum for multi-faith spirituality and peace;
- Equality and diversity;
- Strive towards Peace on Earth;
- Fundraising to serve the mission;
- Support others in alignment with the vision;
- Be a voice for the rights of the natural world.
The Vale das Lobas Biodiversity Zones is the cornerstone of our strategy for ecological and economic regeneration. We have developed the following Regeneration Protocol in partnership with The Camara Municipal of Fornos de Algodres, The Hunting and Fishing Association of Fornos de Algodres, and others:
- Ecological low-impact dwellings – in harmony with nature.
- Organic farming – regenerating soil quality.
- No chemical fertilisers, pesticides or GM crops
- Water harvesting and sensible water management
- Reforestation using native species.
- Monitoring and evaluation of progress
- Biodiversity Enhancement – supporting eco-systems
- Hunting not permitted – bring a camera.
- Integration of traditional wisdom with new innovation
- Creating livelihoods on the land